Open Enrollment


The Board of Education endorses the neighborhood school concept and makes many decisions based on student population within a given attendance area. The Board recognizes, however, that some students may wish to attend a school or participate in a program outside their attendance area. Thus, students are assigned to school and may participate in programs for which they are eligible in the attendance area of their residence, but may apply to open-enroll in a different school or program in accordance with current school district policy. 

Parents/guardians wishing to open enroll their student(s) from outside of a Weld RE-4 school or if living within the school district boundaries and wishing to change schools, will need to complete an open enrollment form. The forms may be obtained at any school site or the District Office.

The open enrollment forms are due by March 1 for in district open enrollment and October 1 for out of district open enrollment for the upcoming school year.

Once granted, open enrollment will be good for that level for the years the student attends (elementary or middle school). When moving into the middle school or high school level the student will then need to apply for open enrollment again.

Policy Links:
JG     -      Assignment of Students to School (And Open School Enrollment)

JG-R     -      Assignment of Students to School (And Open School Enrollment Regulation)